17/02/2011

The Marketplace Collective/ Yasmin Sewell

Marketplacecollective

The Marketplace Collective opens on Friday 18th February at 12pm. London’s most stylish have set up shop and are selling items directly from their own wardrobes. First to share her ‘wears’ is Yasmin Sewell, creative consultant, established fashion authority and street style snapped more times than you’ve had hot dinners.

What are you selling on ASOS Marketplace?

1) A Martin Margiela trench dress I bought at Liberty in 2009.

I was doing a shoot for the telegraph magazine and I borrowed it from the shop floor to wear, then I decided I had to buy it. It’s actually two sizes too big for me but because of the different ways you can cinch in the waist it still works. Why am I selling it? Maybe because I've been photographed in it and also I own a few too many trench coats and this one is too special not to be worn. It Was £1400 and I’m now selling it for £375.

2) An Acne dress, bought at Liberty in summer 2009.

This is one of those beautiful pieces that I can never resist from Acne. I've worn it and loved it, but I'm happy for it to go to a new home. Selling for £60.

3) Margiela oversized knit.

I bought this last year in the winter and wore it to fashion week in Paris. I do love this piece, it’s just that I've got so much knitwear, and this one’s so chunky it takes up way too much space in my drawers! Selling for £85.

4) Beau Coops boots.

I got these last summer from Start Boutique in London. I actually got two pairs I loved them so much, these were the additional I didn't actually need. I’m Selling them for £50.

5) Oroton bag.

I got this bag in Australia when I went back end of last year. I've worn it to so many events as its just one of those interesting pieces that adds something to a simple outfit. I've just purchased a new evening bag so perhaps this one is ready for a new scene. I’m selling it for £80.

Anything your looking ASOS Marketplace?

I'd like the Alexander Wang Combat shoes.

You can shop Yasmin’s items from our Marketplace Collective boutique, opening tomorrow (February 18th) at 12pm.