17/02/2011

The Marketplace Collective/ Steve Salter

Marketplacecollective

Steve Salter, blogger for Style Salvage (the menswear choice for the London style set) has joined our Marketplace Collective to find a new home for items from his own wardrobe. Have a look below to see if you could re-house any of Steve’s pieces, then duke it out at 12pm tomorrow when the Marketplace Collective opens its virtual doors.

What are you selling on ASOS Marketplace?

1) A black tuxedo cardigan by Omar Kashoura. Selling for £40

IMG_2194

I bought this item at The shop at Bluebird about four years ago now. This was actually my first investment in British menswear and since then I have added a few more items by Omar, along with purchases of Tim Soar and Carolyn Massey.

2) Navy blazer by APC. Selling for £35

IMG_2230

I had long been a fan of their jeans but fell for the charms of this simple blazer while perusing their online shop.

3)Patterned wool knit by Oliver Spencer. Selling for £30

IMG_2219

I've always loved the Englishness of this brand and picked this jumper up from the Oliver Spencer store on my favourite London street, Lam's Conduit Street.

Why have you decided to sell these items?

I wanted to offer a good mix of my style and think that these three items sum it up quite perfectly. Plus, this will give me a good excuse to invest in a few more pieces.

What will you replace them with?

I've been meaning to buy a few Casely-Hayford items and these sales will provide the final push.

What would you like most to buy from ASOS Marketplace?

Anything from Trine Lindegaard's boutique. Trine's colourful and eccentric MA collection and reminds me that she is one of the mouth watering prospects of last year's crop of graduates. The young talent drew inspiration from her childhood memories of being surrounded by weird and wonderful eccentrics and collectors when she grew up in Denmark. Her fabric choices of corduroy and waxed cottons along with the silhouettes recall these rather geeky people, whilst the embellishments echo their collections.I'm particularly fond of the Long Collectors coat.

You can shop Steve’s items from our Marketplace Collective boutique, opening tomorrow (February 18th) at 12pm.