17/09/2013

Style Spotting at the Goodwood Revival

We sent our resident vintage expert Lesley off to a day at the races with camera in hand, ready to snap the best vintage looks at this year's Goodwood Revival. Find out who she spotted...



I had always associated the Goodwood Revival with a celebration of prim and proper post-war fashion - where waspish waists, pin curls and twin sets were the preferred uniform for an event that saluted the Goodwood Racing Circuit in its 1950s heyday. 

Being more of a '70s gal myself, I was slightly apprehensive of feeling (and looking) out of place in amidst the frocks and frills of the Goodwood masses. However after taking an initial stroll through the Revival Market with its 1960s Tesco, ‘50s style coffee bar and numerous stalls of vintage attire, I couldn’t help but fall for the surreal charm and infectious buzz of all that is Goodwood.

As the roar of the racing circuit resonated in my ears I got snapping the many guys and gals that had gone all out, dressing as everything from land girls to teddy boys, pin up girls to flower children...at the end of the day I was quite sad to get the Victoria Line train back to 2013.