10/03/2014

Meet the Marketplace Collective

It's here! The Marketplace Collective is live and you can get your mitts on some of your fave it-girls wardrobes, with all proceeds going to the Prince's Trust via the ASOS Foundation.

We quizzed Chelsea Leyland, Delilah, Paula Goldstein and Sharmadean Reid on how to wear the items they donated - listen up!



Chelsea:
Tell us about the items you donated!
The tartan shoes were actually a gift from the designer, Cole Haan, as they are named after me: the CHELSEA pump! These shoes bring back some great memories – I wore them to DJ when I opened for Diplo at a party in New York.  

How would you describe your attitude to wardrobe maintenance – do you like to have regular clear outs or are you an avid hoarder?
I am a total hoarder; I’m really really bad at clearing out! I have just moved into new apartment with a walk-in wardrobe which I don’t think is going to help my hoarding ways! 

Delilah:
Tell us the story behind the pieces you've donated!
My wardrobe’s like a timeline of emotions, experiences and memories. I have a special connection to the gold chunky necklace with rectangular links - I've worn it a few times. My stylist Cynthia sourced it for me and I wore it on stage at Bestival. It's a fantastic statement piece. I love it ...maybe I should keep that one?!

How would you normally style it? 
That necklace can make the simplest outfit look dressy and on trend, it is dramatic in the evening but also great to style up a plain boyfriend T-shirt.

What does your wardrobe look like - full to the brim or edited down?
Particular! I am meticulous about how I keep my wardrobe. All my clothes and shoes have their place and I have regular clear outs - it's a good way to keep friends happy! 

Paula:
What have you donated to the Marketplace Collective?
Numero uno is my leather Acne dress. I got it in Paris because I always tend to have a crisis when I'm there that my clothes aren't minimal or chic enough.

Next up are a pair of J Crew tartan trousers, which I still adore but they are ready for a new life as they are a bit big for me so I shall relent and say goodbye! I saw them online and fell in love. I normally have a cold weather, tweedy-punk moment around October and these trousers fit the bill, even though the only size left wasn’t mine - I clicked buy regardless! 

Where you have worn these pieces?
The Acne dress has served me well at a fashion soirĂ©e or two because, well, it's black and it's leather, which are always pretty safe bets when at these sort of things! I even wore it as a coat once when there was a drastic weather flip in Milan and I had, as usual, not packed accordingly! 

I wore the J Crew trousers relentlessly for a month not wanting to give up on the dream of making them fit! That is until my mum told me she could see the top of my knickers when I sat down!

How do you style these pieces?
The Acne dress is a great thing to wear from day to night. For a morning meeting I would team it with leggings and ankle boots and then switch to opaque tights and killer heels for night time activities!

As the J Crew trews didn't fit me just right I wore them very low on my hips with a black vest, leather jacket and DMs. If they had been a bit tighter I would also have extended this to cap-sleeved red 50s-style jumpers and Charlotte Olympia kitty flats, like a Hollywood starlet on retreat to a Scottish castle - I hope someone will allow them to live out this fantasy!

Sharmadean:
Tell us about your style!
My style is either super bright clashing colours or really muted and tonal. I'm a Gemini so I’m truly double sided.

And how about the pieces you donated?
I love how the Miu Miu bag makes any outfit super shiny and fun! Wear with all black for an added textural dimension or with my fave pink, yellow and blue combo for a CMYK vibe.

The Nikes are gonna be amazoid for summer! Team with a denim mini skirt for mega carnival vibes or with a pair of cut-off jeans so you get a bit of ankle showing.

Hurry! Be the first to grab these unique pieces from the Marketplace Collective Boutique - they're sure to go fast!