24/02/2012

Seller Visit | Hannah Webster

We popped over to Shoreditch to grill Hannah Webster from 18 AND EAST and for a little look at their upcoming spring/summer collection and a tour of their showroom. 




Hi Hannah, mind introducing yourself to everyone? 

Not at all! I'm Hannah Webster from 18 AND EAST. We are a ladies wear brand based in Shoreditch, East London. I am the Sales and Marketing Manager which means I look after all of 18 AND EAST's content and branding - The website, our blog, photoshoots etc. I look after all of our social media and work with our PR agency to make sure we are getting great coverage in magazines.... I'm all about the brand baby. I also work with our Sales Manager to ensure that all of our customers and Independent Stores have everything that they need.




How long you have been doin’ what you doin’?


I have been working for 18 AND EAST for a year and a half now and loving every minute of it!



What’s your favourite vintage piece?

I LOVE the Vintage Polka Dot Midi Skirt - If I had washboard abs - I would have probably bought it myself…


What’s your favourite piece from your current collection? 

My favourite piece of the collection is the beautiful Blue Chiffon Maxi Skirt. It falls so beautifully and has gorgeous panel detailing on the waistband. What I love about it is that you can style it up really elegantly but also grunge it up a bit with your favourite Converse for more of a day look.



What do you love about where you live?

Everything! Broadway Market on a Saturday is a great place to people watch – there's usually a great mix of models, trendy types and good ole Eastenders that have been working on the Market for donkeys years. I love the Commercial Tavern and The Scolt Head pubs, Spitalfields Market and to eat, Poppys Fish and Chips by Brick Lane. I love The Blitz Parties that are held every so often under some arches in Shoreditch. Everyone dresses up in 1940s dress and dances to a big band. Oh and Bleach London in Dalston to get your Dip Dye on!


Where is your favourite local place to...

-shop? 
I love Spitalfields Market, Beyond Retro and Camden Passage in Islington.

-eat? 
Byron Burger - Best. Burgers. Eva.

-drink? 
The White Horse in Hoxton is a great, new little venue with a dance floor downstairs. Love the Old School Pictures of Diana Ross on the walls.



What song sums up your mood at the moment? 

Dolly Parton - Working 9 to 5! Work is slightly hectic at the mo to say the least…